Discover The Perfect Wall Mirror For You
A mirror isn't just for applying make-up, checking your hair, or contemplating if those new jeans really do look too tight. Mirrors can accentuate a room, make it look more spacious, and act as an ornamental feature in an otherwise empty space. The positioning, along with the wall you choose to place it on, will make all the difference to how your mirror looks. Before honing in on your wall, consider the reflection that will permanently be in the mirror, as this will alter the affect you want to achieve. There are three key things to take into account when mirror-shopping. These are:
We've put together this small guide to help you make that all-important decision.
1) Shaping Up
The shape of your chosen mirror will play a pivotal role in defining the space in which it's placed.
Your choice of shapes:
It's not simply about the mirror. It's also about the space around it and how that alters according to the shape of the mirror:
1. Long and horizontal or Tall and Vertical
A long, horizontal mirror will emphasise the width of the space while your eyes are drawn along the mirror's long line. A tall, vertical mirror on the other hand, will highlight the height of the space, as your eyes make their way up to the top of the mirror.
2. Angular - Angular mirrors
Like squares and rectangles, give a space an ordered, definitive image. It will be unobtrusive and sit there quietly and neatly until it's needed.
Round mirrors can be beautiful and elegant. They achieve a different, softer look than an angular mirror.
If you have a passion for uniquely inspiring things, you can create your very own mirror shape by gathering different mirrors and placing them together like a collage.
2) Let's Talk About Size
It stands to reason that the bigger something is, the more noticeable it will normally be. This is why size is an important factor in the mirror decision-making process. To decide on the size of your mirror, determine whether you want it to be a key focal point in a room, an accent, or simply remain in the background.
- One little mirror on a huge wall will not create a great look! It will look as though it's lost and stand out as an insignificant feature that would be better placed elsewhere. Bottom line - Small mirrors on large walls are a no-go!
- To be a focal point in a room, your mirror will need to be big enough to draw attention to it. Not only that, but to really stand out as a focal point, your mirror will need an awe-inspiring frame to make it more noticeable and worthy of such a title.
- Sometimes, people simply want their mirror to become a part of their background, not the main feature of a room. To achieve this, the mirror needs to be exceptionally large to make your room look bigger. A frame will draw attention to it, so it's best to avoid one in this case.
- Sometimes, people simply want their mirror to become a part of their background, not the main feature of a room. To achieve this, the mirror needs to be exceptionally large to make your room look bigger. A frame will draw attention to it, so it's best to avoid one in this case. Take a look at the latest collection of oversized mirrors
- Using mirrors as accents can create an interesting atmosphere in a room and can add a fascinating perspective. Place them strategically so that they catch the light and reflect beautiful objects. Small mirrors are perfect for grouping as well and can be placed together to form your desired shape. Keep in mind though that grouping small mirrors together can create a focal point.
Go online to browse mirrors by size.
3) Style Time
Use a mirror to reflect the existing style of your room or use it to create a whole new image! The mirror frame plays an even bigger part in determining its look than the size of the mirror.
- To create a traditional feel and style to a room, ornate, carved, and gilt frames can be used. These are also great for creating a wonderful contrast in modern rooms.
- Simple frame designs, such as lines, are perfect for casual, minimalistic, or modern styles.
- Distressed frames and unusual frame treatments match beautifully for country-style rooms and eclectic spaces.
Not sure which style you want? Search for mirrors by style.
Contact Mirror Outlet for your new mirror!
Our friendly team are on hand to help you with any questions or queries you have, so don’t hesitate to get in contact. Give us a call today on 01908 22 33 88 or complete our quick and simple online enquiry form. Have you checked out our newest collection? Browse fabulously funky and unusual mirror designs.